Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday

Jamie Ridler from Jamie Ridler Studios developed something called Wishcasting Wednesdays. She sends out a blog prompt for us to complete.

Today's prompt is:  What do you wish to enjoy?

This is a bit tricky! There are so many things I want to enjoy in life! But, I'm going to focus on a couple things that I struggle with at the moment.

1. I wish to enjoy job hunting! I find this a drudgery, quite frankly. I struggle with the fact that my career no longer inspires me so every job I look at seems to be something I don't want! But, I want to enjoy the process, feeling inspired to put out my resume daily. So, that is my first wish.

2. I wish to enjoy the process. What I mean by this is enjoying the process of my life unfolding! So often I'm focused on the end result or worrying about the end result that I forget to enjoy the journey! So, I want to slow down and not worry about what is to come because at the moment I have no idea what is to come!! Enjoying the journey! 


My final thoughts for today:



I decided to drag out some of my oracle cards today. These are cards that have symbols on them. You pick one or more and get a message from them. I find them inspiring and helpful in learning little lessons (or being reminded of them.)

I picked from my Animal Dreaming Oracle Cards. The cards come with a guidebook that tells you the message of the cards. Today I drew the Possum card, Opportunity.



The guidebook states that "Possum inspires us to see opportunity in any condition and to productively harness all opportunities to our best advantage; to gently ride on the back of any circumstantial generosity afforded us until we are comfortably established, after which retreat should be executed in an honourable and discreet manner. ... If Possum has ambled into your cards today, you are being asked to remember who you are and what agreements you made with yourself before commencing your Earth Walk. What did you want to achieve? Where did you see yourself ultimately?"

Hmmmm.... interesting! Taking advantage of the opportunity! So, what opportunities do I have at the moment? Freedom! I'm unemployed and able to take advantage of some freedoms to explore what I want to do! I also have freedoms that I had wished for when I was working, to write and learn. Remembering who I am! Yes! That absolutely speaks to me! I used to see myself as a teacher, a leader. I also saw myself as a writer. So, maybe, for the time being, I need to take advantage of my situation to explore how I can do these things, perhaps for monetary gain even!

I do believe I'm beginning to see how I can enjoy this "job hunting" time of my life! Until next time...

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment